CTO Forum 2014 – ICTs for Development: From Access to Inclusive and Innovative ServicesDate:2014-08-09 00:00:00
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization Forum 2014 will take place from the 8 - 10 September 2014, at the Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The Forum is the premier ICT conference of the Commonwealth drawing high level participation from ICT ministries, regulators and operators from across the Commonwealth and beyond and is hosted this year by the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) and the Ministry of Posts Telecommunications & Information Technology (MoPTICT).
The theme for the 2014 conference will be ICTs for Development: From Access to Inclusive and Innovative Services. The 2014 Forum will focus on key aspects of ICT access and utilization including infrastructure, connectivity, applications, value added services, data and security.
Key topics to be discussed include:
• Building a sustainable ICT Infrastructure: challenges and opportunities
• Evaluating the benefits of e-Commerce in emerging markets
• Mobile technologies, applications and VAS
• Creating an efficient e-Governance system
• Transparency and Open Government: The role of Open Data
• Cloud-Based Business Process Outsourcing
• Financing technological developments in the Commonwealth
Confirmed speakers include:
• Honourable Abdul Latif Siddiqui, Minister of Posts and Telecommunications, People’s Republic of Bangladesh
• Sunil Kanti Bose, Chairman, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission
• Professor Tim Unwin, Secretary-General, Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization
• Juma Kandie, Chairperson, Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization and Director of Human Resources, Communications Commission, Kenya
• Dr Eugene Juwah, Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission
• Reshan Dewapura, Chief Executive Officer, ICT Agency of Sri Lanka
• Mohammad Azad Rahman, Operations Officer, International Finance Corporation
• Tenzin Dolma Norbhu, Lead ICT Policy Specialist, The World Bank
• Shazia Omar, Head of Advocacy and Communications, The Economic Empowerment of the Poorest Programme
• Richard Lace, Head of Project (English In Action), BBC Media Action
The Forum will be followed by the CTO’s Council meeting from 11th to 12th September, where the country delegations (led by policy makers and regulators) set operational plans for the Organization for the next financial year.